Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I think I've found my dressmaker

This afternoon I met with Chrissy Wai-Ching in her Pioneer Square artist loft. I think she's my go-to girl for this dress situation. Organic silk, original designs, tailored for my body. funky. queer friendly. and far more affordable than the fancy designer boutiques.

As I was walking to her studio from my car, a man approached me and said he wanted to give me his phone number: "I'd love to take you out to dinner," he said. I said, "thanks, but I'm taken, and actually I'm on my way to try on wedding dresses" and showed him my ring. He immediately backed away and said, "well at least you can take the compliment with you."

The power of a diamond ring.

And here are some examples of Chrissy's designs:


i'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment