Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wedding week attire

Somehow, incredibly, we are now less than two weeks away from the wedding! (Two weeks from today will be our  Day After wedding brunch!)  I have been so busy prepping for the wedding and with just with LIFE (summer camps for our kid, extra guest lectures and workshops around town, teaching two classes), that I've hardly even had time to keep up on Sapphic Bride related news.  


We are getting close to finishing off all our details though! Yesterday we picked up my dress, our child's dress, and my bride-groom's special vest, all handmade for our individual bodies by the fabulous Chrissie Wai-Ching.  With those outfits now complete (or nearly complete, as Chrissie is also making shawls for us, and I still need rhinestone earrings for my little maiden of honor), last night I took inventory of our outfits for the entire WEDDING WEEK. So many parties! So many photo opportunities! So I created a grid with all three of our names on it, marking the events from Wed. Sept 1 (cocktail party), Thurs. Sept. 2 (rehearsal and rehearsal dinner), Friday Sept. 3 (THE WEDDING!!), Sat. Sept. 4 (wedding brunch and then dinner with my new inlaws!), Sun. Sept. 5 (party at my parents' house for all the family and friends who are still in town). This sort of serious social calendar requires a serious fashion plan. On that note, I'm posting a newsflash about Katy Perry's plans for wedding attire. She will not be wearing latex, it seems ...


----------------------------------



Katy Perry won`t wear latex wedding dress

Celebrities arrive for the 2009 Glamour Women of the Year Awards at Berkeley Square Gardens, London. - James Whatling / Splash News
Singer Katy Perry said she won't be wearing a latex dress on her wedding day.
Perry, 25, will marry British comic Russell Brand, 35, later this year and said latex is definitely out of the question.
She said to PEOPLE: 'I'm definitely not going to get married in latex. When I wear latex onstage, I sweat. I could wring out those dresses - and I don't want to do that at my wedding.'
The rumours started when Perry said earlier this year that latex was one of her favourite fabrics.
Speaking to Access Hollywood, she said: 'The latex is probably the most comfortable thing I ever wear because it just sticks on you.
'You sweat a little bit, but it's like a perfect fit! It makes you look extra skinnier than you are.'

No comments:

Post a Comment